Pages - Menu

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Girls' Night Out + My Outfit & Makeup



This past week included the birthdays of two of my friends/roommates. Boy, was there a lot of present giving, birthday singing, and celebrating these past few days! 

First, we went to this shaved ice place where their shaved ice is actually called "snow" because it has the consistency of snow. They take a huge block of flavored ice and put it through a machine that shaves it to make a really fluffy product. It feels like you are actually eating snow! Being the Asian that I am, I got the taro snow with red beans and condensed milk a.k.a. the best combination EVER!! 




I think that at this age, it's important for a person just to have fun because once you graduate college, that's when you enter the real world consisting of long hours at the office and bills to pay once you arrive home. Also, you have more energy to have fun with your friends until the late hours of the night ;) Of course, I am not about having fun 100% of the time because when it comes to school and working on my career, I am dead serious. It is nice, though, to let go sometimes to enjoy life.


And how did I enjoy my life the other night? By dancing around barefooted under the lights of a ferris wheel and reenacting a scene from The Breakfast Club. Nice, clean, and really cheesy fun! :) 


My Outfit

This is the type of outfit that I've been wearing for a casual night out. It is very comfortable, which makes it perfect to dance around a ferris wheel in! I am wearing an H&M blouse that has little, maroon-colored prints on it, black leggings from Forever 21, and rose-gold sandals also from Forever 21. Here is a quick tip on how to wear leggings: make sure your top covers your bottom! Leggings are made with relatively thin fabric that is often see-through. You don't want people to see your bright pink underwear now, do you?

Here are a few alternative, affordable outfits that are similar to the one I wore. To see where each piece of clothing is from, click here to see the set on my Polyvore. 



My Makeup

For my makeup look, I went for natural-looking skin with slightly defined eyes. I started off with a tiny amount of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation mainly on my cheeks, chin, and nose where I get some redness. I swiped some Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer under my eyes and around my nose and blended it out with my ring finger. A small dusting of Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in Translucent along my T-zone was then all I needed for my face makeup. Moving onto my eyebrows, I filled them in with the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder with an angled brush. I simply wanted to fill in some of the gaps instead of going for the "bold brow" trend. For my eyes, I used the NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Bellissima, brushing the lightest shade all over my lid, blending the darkest shade into my crease. I then lined my upper eyelid with MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy. One quick coat of Maybelline The Falsies Mascara finished off the eyes. Instead of going with a lip color, I chose to simply apply some Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Skin Protectant to keep my lips moisturized throughout the night. 


It was such a fun night! It was a great stress reliever and a much needed break before hardcore-finals-studying time.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post! I really liked blogging about what I did with my friends. Maybe I should do more blogs like this then?

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment