Pages - Menu

Friday, August 9, 2013

July Favorites



2013 is already half way done?! WHAT?! I know I always, and will always, start off my favorites post by exclaiming how fast time flies by because it is true! It seems like time is soaring by at 1,000 miles per hour, especially now that I am in college.

So many things happened in July. I traveled a lot. I ate new foods, experienced different cultures, and even endured my first "extreme" storm. I would call it extreme coming from always sunny California, but the locals there probably called it an average Monday in July. I went on crazy adventures with my friends and made new friends along the way. July was overall a just great month!

The month of July was also spent discovering new favorites in all sorts of categories. Here is a detailed look into what I have been loving.



BEAUTY

1. Daiso Japan Charcoal Mask



First up is this charcoal mask that I got from Daiso. Daiso is a Japanese store that sells practically everything for $1.50, so guess how much this cost? Ding ding ding! $1.50! It is the most inexpensive and best face product that I own. Its purpose is removing blackheads and whiteheads, and boy does it do that very well!



The actually product after you squeeze it out of the tube is literally black goop. You can apply it around your nose (what I do) or all over your face. Like other masks, you let it dry on your face for 10 to 15 minutes and then peel it off. After one use, I noticed that my pores shrank incredibly and my blackheads were gone. It is a miracle product and my favorite beauty discovery of the year so far!



2. Bioderma Sensibio H20





When I went to Canada, it was my mission to pick up a bottle of Bioderma Sensibio H2O after hearing everyone rave about it. I understand the craze now. It looks like water, feels like water, smells like water, doesn't taste like water though. I found out the hard way. BLEH! Although it doesn't taste good, Bioderma works amazingly! It removes even the toughest waterproof mascara! Now that's a huge thumbs up from me!



3. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation




I FOUND IT!! Eureka, I found it!! The number one thing on my shopping list when I went to Canada was the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. After watching Tanya Burr go on and on about how amazing this foundation is, I had to pick it up. It provides a medium coverage with very slight shimmer to create a nice, dewy finish. I would not recommend this product if you have really oily skin. It blends very nicely with either your fingers or a foundation brush like the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to buff it into your skin. I really like this foundation because it makes me look alive and not like I had only 4 hours of sleep the night before which happens A LOT.



5. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer 





You know I had to also get the concealer! Lately, this had been my go-to concealer. I really like the consistency of it. It's not too liquid-like and at the same time not too thick, which makes it easy to blend and allows for it to stay put for a long period of time. For days when I have class, I would often just skip foundation and apply this under my eyes and on any blemishes and I'm good to go face-wise. It is a medium coverage concealer. Very good concealer. Yup yup! 



4. Benefit They're Real Mascara





For months, I've thought "I don't really need this mascara. I'm good without it. It doesn't really seem THAT special." Then, I got a small sample size from Sephora in June as a birthday gift that they give to Beauty Insiders. My goodness. I need to stop underestimating things. This mascara is FLIPPIN life changing! Well, as life changing mascara can be. My lashes look longer, fuller, and fabulous after just one coat. It holds a curl fantastically and does not budge at all! 



5. Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya





I've been really into coral-y, orange-y lip colors for the summertime. The Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya has been the lip product that has satisfied my desire for summertime looking lips. 


Although it looks straight-up orange in certain lighting, in natural lighting, it is actually pink with some slight orange. It contains no shimmer, but instead makes your lips look, well, JUICY! 


6. Essie Come Here



When I saw this nail polish, it talked to me. It really did. It said to me, "Lisa, my name is Come Here. If you come here and pick me, I will brighten up your summer!" Just kidding, it didn't talk to me (obviously), but if it could talk, I'm sure that's what it would have said. What I like about this color is that it looks like I'm wearing a different nail color every time the lighting changed. Under more yellowy lighting, it looks red orange. Under natural or LED type of lighting, it looks a coral-y pink. Two in one! Kind of... Look gorgeous either way!


7. Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Brown



I've kind of ignored pencil eyeliners for over a year now. That is, until I bought Rimmel's ScandaEyes Kohl Kajal in Brown! 


(My attempt at hand modeling while awkwardly trying to hold an object). It is a rich dark chocolate brown with specks of gold shimmer in it, which I love! This eyeliner will not budge after application. Even without a primer! Freaking amazing for a freaking amazing and cheap price! It is probably the best eyeliner that I have ever used. It applies like buttah (yes, buttah) if buttah was an eyeliner. 

8. Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter



It tastes like candy! Fruity candy! I've been hesitant to use Burt's Bees lip balms because the first one I tried was the original honey one, and I HATED the smell of it. I, however, thought I would give the line a second chance and opted for their mango butter lip balm. Now it will forever me a part of my collection. 


9. Up & Up Nail Polish Remover Pads



I picked these up at Target for my trip to Canada and Florida because of how convenient they are. This is the first time I've ever used nail polish remover pads, and I love great they are for travelling! Those days of packing mini bottles of nail polish remover and cotton balls are behind me! 


FOOD

Chobani Flip Greek Yogurt



For my food favorite of the month, I have chosen Chobani's Flip Greek Yogurt line. It's like flavored yogurt on one side and toppings on another side. Then, you kind of "flip" the toppings into the yogurt by folding the packaging. It's kind of difficult to fold the container, or maybe that's just me.... Tastes good though! Instead of eating ice cream for dessert, I would treat myself to one of these! Yummy! 


MUSIC

5 Seconds of Summer




I have been obsessed with 5 Seconds of Summer, an Australian pop rock band. They have the potential of being huge all over the world. I mean One Direction type of huge. Funny enough, they are currently touring as One Direction's opening act. What I like the most about them is that they act like average teenagers, lad's lads, blokes, etc. despite their seemingly exponential rise to popularity throughout the world within just one year. If you've never heard one of their songs, go check them out on YouTube! 


July Unfavorite 

Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray



I bought this mini bottle at Ulta because I wanted to see if it would give my hair any beachy texture. It didn't. I was really disappointed by it. I, however, have stick straight hair, so all it did was make my hair kind of matte looking. I was expecting at least some texture after using it, but I was disappointed. If you have naturally wavy hair though, it might work better for you than it did for me. 


That is all of my favorites from this past month! Share with me in the comments what you've been loving this past month! I'd love to read them and try out some of your favorites!

Until next time!

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment