Pages - Menu

Monday, August 26, 2013

The Playlist: Rudimental

For all of you UK readers, you probably know who I am talking about when I mention the name Rudimental. For the majority of you, you may be staring at the screen thinking, "Rudi-what? Who is that?" 

Rudimental is a British electronic group consisting of songwriters and producers. They started off doing remixes of such songs as "Drunk" by Ed Sheeran. Now, they've created their own music and have released their debut album, Home. What really draws me to their album, Home, is that they mix dance instrumentals with soulful voices such as Emeli Sande, John Newman, and Alex Clare. I usually don't like dance music (I'm more of a pop girl, myself), but the combination of dance and soul with some hip hop tones is something new and different that I cannot resist! 

Rudimental is in their early stages of conquering the U.S. music market, being featured as KIIS FM's Next Up Artist of the Week this week. I expect this group to blow up in the U.S. within the next few months!


Here are a couple of videos to introduce you to Rudimental. The first one is my favorite song off of their album, "Free" featuring Emeli Sande. The next is currently a huge hit of theirs, "Waiting All Night" featuring Ella Eyre. Check them out!

"Free" feat. Emeli Sande

"Waiting All Night" feat. Ella Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment