Pages - Menu

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Beauty Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer



A couple of weeks ago, I uploaded an in-depth review of the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. Click here if you want to read about that. Now, I will review the concealer of the Wake Me Up line. 

PACKAGING 

There's nothing extremely special about the packaging besides the bright orange top which definitely stands out in my makeup bag. The Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer comes with a doe-foot applicator. If you don't know, a doe-foot applicator is like the applicator for a lip gloss. I always found that weird because for me, it's like I'm applying a thick, skin-colored lipstick on my face. Is that just me? 

COVERAGE

It provides a light-medium coverage. It can't completely cover up the darkest of under-eye circles. But if you have slight under-eye circles like me, it is perfect. I also like using it around my nose where I get a little redness, and it covers that up very well.

TEXTURE

This concealer is very lightweight and has a kind of liquid-y, but not runny, texture. I love how light it feels on my skin, especially under my eyes. It doesn't feel like I am wearing any concealer there when I have it on!

APPLICATION

The concealer goes on tremendously smoothly. It blends great with either your ring finger or a brush. If you do use a brush though, I suggest using the Real Techniques domed shadow brush. That baby blends this concealer in so incredibly well! It neither settles into little lines nor enlarges your pores, which is often a major problem with many concealers when applied under the eyes. 

FINISH

There is a reason why it is in the Wake Me Up line. It sure is dewy! The concealer has micro-fine shimmer that brightens up any areas you put it on. That makes it great for under the eyes to liven you up, but it is terrible on spots because it will highlight them. Because it brightens up applied areas, you could put it along the bridge of your nose or along the tops of your cheekbones for a really natural highlight. 

LONGEVITY

With primer and powder, this concealer can last a good 4 hours. If you want to wear it for longer than that, I suggest you bring it along with you in your bag to reapply if needed, especially if you know you will be sweating as gross as that sounds. 

OVERALL IMPRESSION

I've been loving this concealer for the summertime because of how lightweight it is. Like I said, I have been using this to conceal my slight dark circles underneath my eyes and the slight redness around my nose. Lately, I would skip foundation and use this concealer where I need it. If you are looking for a dewy concealer that will make you look more awake than you really are, try this concealer out! It sure is fantastic! I can't wait for it to hit US stores so all of you US readers can try it out!


I hope you found this review helpful! 

Lisa xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment