Pages - Menu

Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Beauty Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation



Hello, lovely people! Today, I have another review for you!

It is the oh so talked about Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. Unfortunately, this product is not yet available in the United States (boo!), but I was able to grab a hold of it while I was in Canada this summer. 

If you've been keeping up with my blog, you would know that I featured this in my July Favorites blog a few weeks ago. I gave a short review of it, but now I'd like to give a more in depth review especially for those of you who live in the states and are anxiously waiting for it to arrive here. 



PACKAGING 


I cannot talk about this product without talking about its packaging. I love the packaging of it! Most drugstore liquid foundations don't come with a pump, and that annoys the crap out of me. The pump makes things more convenient, keeps bacteria from going into the actual foundation, and dispenses not too much product. I usually, however, 


APPLICATION

This foundation is super easy to blend! You can use either your fingers or a foundation brush. I prefer using my trusty Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. 


COVERAGE

This foundation provides a light-medium coverage. You can easily sheer it out to get a light coverage for a wearable everyday look or build it up to attain a medium coverage for a going-out sort of look.

FINISH

Because this foundation is called "Wake Me Up", it gives off a dewy finish that makes you look more awake. There is slight, micro-fine shimmer in it that adds some glow to your face to help support your statement of "I absolutely did not have only 3 hours of sleep last night!" If you have super oily skin, I don't recommend this foundation because dewy foundation plus oily skin can result in you looking shiny. I have normal-oily skin, so I personally like to go over it with a tad bit of the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder because I don't like a very dewy finish most of the time. This combination, therefore, gives me a naturally glowing finish that I prefer more than straight up dewy. 

LONGEVITY

I wore this foundation for a night out (6 hours), and the staying power was very good. I applied a primer underneath, powdered, and sprayed some long-lasting spray, which helped it a lot. Without primer, powder, or spray, it could last a good 4 hours. Because it has a dewy finish, after 3-4 hours though, your face may start looking a bit shiny. My advice is to at least powder to set the foundation to prolong the wear. 

OTHER DETAILS

This foundation definitely has a fragrance; however, it is very light. To me, it smells like one of Nivea's lotions. If your skin is super sensitive to fragrances, test this product out first on a little part of your arm before applying to your face.  

OVERALL IMPRESSION

The Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation is now my go-to foundation for special occasions. Normally, I would reach for my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation for an everyday look, but there are times when I'm going out or to a special event where I want just a little more coverage. For those times, I will be reaching for the Wake Me Up Foundation! I love it, and it lives up to the hype surrounding it!


I hope you found that you found this review helpful! If you've tried this product, please tell me in the comments if you love it as much as I do. If you live in the U.S. and have not gotten your hands on this amazing product, tell me if you are excited for it to make its debut over here!

Lisa xx


No comments:

Post a Comment