Pages - Menu

Friday, March 8, 2013

What to Bring to College


When you are packing for college, you are constantly thinking “Should I bring this? What about that? No, I should probably leave that behind, but then again, I might really need it!” You go back and forth because you don’t want to forget about bringing something and you don’t want to bring too many things that you will never use.

Though what each person brings to college depends on them, here is a list of often overlooked items that, from my experience, I think everyone should bring.

1. Earplugs

You will not believe how much earplugs come in handy, especially if you are the type of person who cannot sleep when they hear even the slightest noise. Whether you are living in a dorm or an apartment, these are fantastic when the people living next door to you are being noisy whether their talking or….. doing something else……

With long days full of going to class and studying, you really need as much sleep as possible, and you can’t sleep if you hear a whole bunch of noise.

2. Old High School Notes

Whatever notes from high school you have that you think you will need in college, bring them. If you know you will be taking math classes, bring along your math notes. They are great to reference to look back at if you have any trouble. Notes are only useful if you still have them, which brings us to a very important point…

Don’t throw away your notes from high school!!!

I threw away all of my material from high school every year because I don’t like clutter. The only notes I kept were my calculus notes because I had an amazing teacher and I just couldn’t throw them away because it would be like throwing away my bibles! I did, however, throw away my accounting notes from high school. Guess what? I didn’t have to take math in college, but I did take accounting and am planning to pursue a career in accounting … I wish I had saved those notes…..

3. Comfy Slippers

If you are like me, you like to walk around in your house barefooted. When living in a dorm, you can’t really do that because the floors of a dorm hall are not as clean as the floor in your home. I didn’t want to wear proper shoes everywhere, so I opted for some fluffy pink slippers. They are great for walking around in your room and around your hall. Plus, they are incredibly comfortable and make me feel at home!

4. Air Freshener

Because in a hall, you live with many other people, there may be times when the hall just doesn’t smell right. The smells can be of eclectic food cooking in the kitchen or random mystery smells that no one knows where they are coming from. Air freshener is, therefore, much needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment