Pages - Menu

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Updates + April Favorites


HI ALL! Sorry I’ve been so MIA. This quarter has been the most difficult and time-consuming quarter of my college life so far! Endless research papers, long hours at the library, and lots of Iced Skinny Caramel Macchiatos from Starbucks.

And when I say lots, I do mean LOTS.

Anyways, my schedule has finally lightened up (for now), and I now have some time to work on this blog. As you can see, there have been and will be a few changes to this blog:

  1. I’ve decided to merge my beauty blog with this blog.
  2. I’ve changed the name from PinkaLISA to Lots of Lisa. I just like Lots of Lisa better, and it gives another definition for LOL ;D
  3. I will be tinkering with the design of this blog until I end up with something that I like.
  4.  I have made a resolution to update this blog more often. I will be uploading a new blog every Friday, so make sure to check in every week!
  5. I will document more of my college life so you all can sort of experience college with me!


Alright, well that’s about it on updates! Time to tell you all about my April favorites!

1.       Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Nut



        I’ll admit, at first, I didn’t really like this product. I thought it did not live up to its hype and was a waste of my $3 that I could have used to buy myself another caramel macchiato! But as I used it more and got deeper into the product, I’ve realized that this stuff is AMAZING!! It only sucks at first because the top of it is a bit waxy, but as you dig deeper into it, you get the “buttery” part of the product. It moisturizes my lips very well, not to mention the smell of it makes me want to just get a spoonful of it and eat it (don’t worry, I didn’t). 

2.       Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation


        You know when you love something so much that it makes you want to scream? Well…… GAAAWWWWHHHH!!! I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!!! It’s like if foundation and awesomeness had a baby, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua would be that baby. This is a water-based foundation; therefore, it blends easily into your skin. It offers a light coverage that is perfect as an everyday sort of foundation.
         It is expensive (about $50 a bottle), but I believe it is worth the investment. There is no other foundation on the market that is quite like this bottle of perfection. I’ve tried multiple less expensive foundations, trying to find a dupe that is available at drugstores, but there has not been a foundation created that comes close to what the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation is like. I’ve heard things about Bourjois, a UK high-street brand (high-street = drugstore), offering a foundation similar to the Chanel Aqua foundation. This makes sense since Bourjois and Chanel are owned by the same company.

3.       Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige

        Lately for those days when I only have a couple of minute to do my makeup, I always reach for my Color Tattoo in Barely Beige, pop some on my lids, quickly coat my lashes with mascara, and head out the door. The Barely Beige color came out last Fall as a limited edition color, then Maybelline came out with a similar color called Barely Branded in Winter. It is such a simple yet beautiful product that you can use as a base or on its own. It is shimmery, but because it is a very natural color, the shimmer help to bring some light to your lids to make your eyes look bright and open.

4.       Maybelline Color Whisper in Coral Ambition


        Because Spring has arrived, it’s time to bust out those bright lipsticks! However, I don’t like wearing super bright lipsticks that shout “HEY! Look at my neon pink lips!” The Maybelline Color Whisper range allows me to wear bright shades that are toned down a bit. Since coral is a very popular when Spring comes around, my favorite color for this time of the season from the Color Whisper line is Coral Ambition. In the packaging, it looks like a bright slightly pinky coral that may seem almost scary if you didn’t know it would only give you a hint of color. On the lips though, it’s the perfect coral color for an everyday look.
        Also, what I love about this product is that it reminds me of sherbet! I LOVE SHERBET!!!!! If you gave me a pint of sherbet ice cream, I would eat all of it in one sitting. I know, I have a problem… I also think the product may smell like sherbet, but that may just be in my mind.

5.       Aloe King Aloe Vera Juice

        Guys, I have a confession to make. I’ve been drinking sooooo much……… drinking aloe vera juice that is. What did you think I was drinking?! Cheeky readers. ;D
        It all started when my roommate gave me a bottle of Aloe King’s Aloe Vera Juice in Pomegranate. I blame her for my addiction. After I finished that bottle, I went to Albertson’s and bought two more bottles in different flavors. Then I went onto buying the big bottles of aloe vera juice. I’ve probably gone through at least 5 small bottles and 3 big bottles within 2 months! IT’S SO ADDICTING!!!
        Since it’s getting warmer here in SoCal, this drink is very refreshing after walking around campus all day. They come in a variety of flavors like strawberry, peach, mango, pomegranate, pineapple, and original. I especially love the little bits of aloe vera that you can chew on. In addition to its delicious fruity taste, aloe vera is very beneficial to your skin. My prediction is that instead of milk tea stores, there will be aloe vera juice stores in the future! Team Aloe Vera FTW!!   
    
6.       Once Upon a Time   


        Girls in my hall would always watch Once Upon a Time very Sunday night. At first, I didn’t bother watching it because I would sit there confused, thinking “Wait, why is her name Mary Margaret and Snow White? Is this fairytale land or the real world? WHOA! Her mother is Snow White?! But she’s her age!!!” It wasn’t until Spring Break that I decided to give this show a try. I was hooked after the first episode!! I was eager to know whether Prince Charming and Snow White would be united as lovers again. If romance isn’t your thing, there is also action in it (Snow White is very bad a** in it). The show also changed the way that I view the world, and any show that can do that is a very special one.


Thank you so much for reading! Please comment below telling me what your favorites from the month of April have been.

Don’t forget, I will be posting a new blog every Friday starting THIS FRIDAY! 

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment