Pages - Menu

Friday, May 10, 2013

Game Night Beauty Guide


This past weekend, I went on a short road trip to watch my university’s men’s volleyball team kick ass at the national championships. It was one of the best sporting events that I’ve ever witnessed with my own eyes. Half of the pavilion was filled with enthusiastic students wearing gold. Some even took it to the next level and painted their entire body in our school’s colors. It was absolute MADENESS!! People were on their feet the entire time, cheering and screaming. On the trip back, my ears were still ringing from how loud it was at the game!!

Single ladies out there, I understand wanting to look cute at a sporting event where you will be watching hot guys compete while being surrounded by more hot guys. I get it!! Don’t you dare paint your face with makeup up because of that, though! You will probably also get really into the game, shout for your team, and even sweat a little bit if you are going to be surrounded by other intense fans.

Tons of makeup + sports game = slipping and sliding foundation, smudged eyeliner, and melting mascara. It’s a simple math equation.

If you want to wear makeup to a sporting event, the less, the merrier.

Here is a simple beauty guide of the kind of makeup you should wear on game night. This is what I wore to the championship game!


The Makeup:


If you are going to wear foundation, go with a light-coverage one that blends into your skin very well like the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. As you may know, this foundation is currently my favorite! A drop of this foundation is all you will need. Conceal any dark under-eye circle with Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer. For a natural flushed look, blend in a cream blush like NYX Cream Blush in Boho Chic into the apples of your cheeks. At this point, you can powder your face, but I didn’t because I didn’t want to have powdery-looking skin.

Onto the eyes! To prevent your eye shadow from budging, apply some of Urban Decay’s Primer Potion on the lids of your eyes. I have the professional size of this, and it has lasted me for over a year! Using Stila’s Sensational in Sydney palette, blend the “Bondi Beach” color onto your lids, and push the “Harbour Bridge” color into your upper lash line. This will define your eyes without making it look like you have heavy liner on. A very natural look! Finish off your eyes by sweeping Maybelline’s The Falsies Black Drama Mascara.

Slightly fill in your eyebrows with NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder.

Use the lip color in the Stila palette on your lips. I am in LOVE with this color! Spray your face with Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray to keep your makeup in place, and you’re done!!

The Hair:


When I’m going to watch a game, I like getting into the sporty mood by tying my hair up into a high ponytail. If you want, you can add some volume by teasing your hair a bit before putting it up into a ponytail. You can also put your own style into it by adding a braid! 


Thanks for reading. Remember that there will be a new blog every Friday!

Until next time,

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment